How to upgrade IIS (PWS) to support asp.net 1.1

Tarundeep Singh Kalra

hi,
when i am creating a web service using C# it shows a dialog that my version
on asp.net is 1.0 and i need to upgrade to 1.1.

how to do this ?

i am using PWS on windows 2000 professional and have .net framework 1.1
installed.

-T

--
Tarun
Tarundeep Singh Kalra

Norman Yuan

You only need .NET Framework 1.1 installed (which you already did). You need
compile your code (or project) against Framework 1.1. What development tool
do you use? If it is VS.NET 2002 (or so called VS 7.0), then you can only
use .NET 1.0, 'cause VS2002 is "hard-coded" to .NET 1.0. You need either use
VS2003, or manually type the compiling command in command line window with
..NET 1.1.

Harald Ums

you can use the aspnet_regiis.exe utility in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.?.? to change the asp,net version for every virtual directory.