how to use adrotator

Britney

Hi, I dragged adrotator from toolbox to the page, then I saved a xml file
(ad.xml) using following content,

<advertisements>
<Ad>
<ImageUrl>1.JPG</ImageUrl>
<NavigateUrl>http://localhost/webproject2</NavigateUrl>
<AlternateText> Home</AlternateText>
<Impressions>80</Impressions>
<Keyword>Topic1</Keyword>
</Ad>
</advertisements>

under property, I mapped advertisementfile to ad.xml, but when I compile
and run, I got an error
Do you have any ideas what I did wrong?

Server Error in '/WebProject2' Application.

Rutger Smit

Britney said:
Hi, I dragged adrotator from toolbox to the page, then I saved a xml file
(ad.xml) using following content,

<advertisements>
<Ad>
<ImageUrl>1.JPG</ImageUrl>
<NavigateUrl>http://localhost/webproject2</NavigateUrl>
<AlternateText> Home</AlternateText>
<Impressions>80</Impressions>
<Keyword>Topic1</Keyword>
</Ad>
</advertisements>

under property, I mapped advertisementfile to ad.xml, but when I compile
and run, I got an error
Do you have any ideas what I did wrong?

Server Error in '/WebProject2' Application.

Is the encoding of the xml file right (UTF-8).
To check the xml file for errors simply open it with IE. If it shows up
till the end, the xml is fine. If so... is the path to the xml file correct?

--

//Rutger

DoDotNet@KICKTHIS_Gmail.com
www.RutgerSmit.com

Rutger Smit

Britney said:
Hi, I dragged adrotator from toolbox to the page, then I saved a xml file
(ad.xml) using following content,

<advertisements>
<Ad>
<ImageUrl>1.JPG</ImageUrl>
<NavigateUrl>http://localhost/webproject2</NavigateUrl>
<AlternateText> Home</AlternateText>
<Impressions>80</Impressions>
<Keyword>Topic1</Keyword>
</Ad>
</advertisements>

under property, I mapped advertisementfile to ad.xml, but when I compile
and run, I got an error
Do you have any ideas what I did wrong?

Server Error in '/WebProject2' Application.

I see, do advertisements with a capital A.
That's how MSDN tells us to do it.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/e...webcontrolsadrotatorclasstopic.asp?frame=true

<Advertisements>

<Ad>
<ImageUrl>image1.jpg</ImageUrl>
<NavigateUrl>http://www.microsoft.com</NavigateUrl>
<AlternateText>Microsoft Main Site</AlternateText>
<Impressions>80</Impressions>
<Keyword>Topic1</Keyword>
</Ad>

<Ad>
<ImageUrl>image2.jpg</ImageUrl>
<NavigateUrl>http://www.wingtiptoys.com</NavigateUrl>
<AlternateText>Wing Tip Toys</AlternateText>
<Impressions>80</Impressions>
<Keyword>Topic2</Keyword>
</Ad>

</Advertisements>