how to use ASP .NET to obtain information from 3rd Party Software?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by James, Jan 15, 2006.

  1. James

    James Guest

    Hi,

    I'm trying to obtain information from a 3rd party software, using ASP .NET.
    The software only comes with a Java API that I can use or a telnet
    interface. Through telnet, I had to parse the data collected to obtain the
    information that is need.

    1. How can I program my ASP .NET page to retrieve information using the
    available methods mention above?

    2. I have also created a program using C# that is able to parse the telnet
    interface. I planned to let this program run in the background such that
    information from the 3rd party software can be parsed and stored in this
    program. Can I retrieve data from the program that I have created from a ASP
    ..NET page?

    Hope that someone will be able to help asap as I need to solve this
    urgently!!!
    Thanks in advance!

    Regards,
    James