How to use AWS/PAA nowadays? PyAWS / pyamazon outdated?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Snaky Love, Feb 18, 2010.

  1. Snaky Love

    Snaky Love Guest

    Hi,

    is anybody aware of any updated and / or maintained library for
    accessing AWS/PAA with Python? I found the dusty pyamazon and a
    derivate of it, pyaws, but both of them do not seem to support request
    signatures which must be used by August 15, 2009 to use the Amazon
    Services, and generally seem to be a little bit outdated...

    Is there a better way doing signed requests to AWS/PAA nowadays? How
    are you doing it?

    I found a good PHP Library here: http://getcloudfusion.com/docs - but
    I would like to program stuff with python - is there anything pythonic
    that is close to that?

    Thank you very much for your attention,
    have a nice day,
    Snaky

    Snaky Love, Feb 18, 2010

  2. Snaky Love

    Snaky Love Guest

    wow, for some strange reason I did not find this with my first search
    yesterday:

    http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-amazon-product-api/0.2.2

    I will try this.

    sometime I wish all the old stuff would disappear from the internet.
    if somebody is looking for a cool startup idea: what about some
    website overlay that says "hey, dude, this stuff is old, go here, here
    is the new and improved thing!" :)

    thanks for your attention.

    Snaky Love, Feb 19, 2010