    compiler: Borland C++ Compiler 5.5.1 commandline tools
    thanks.

    , Oct 1, 2004

  2. Duane Hebert Guest

    <> wrote in message news:...
    > how to compile boost.thread,and set it?
    > I have trouble.
    > platform: windows XP
    > compiler: Borland C++ Compiler 5.5.1 commandline tools

    Which version of boost? Borland has problems with this
    if the thread lib isn't static and the latest version of boost
    has trouble if it is. I had to stick with the previous version
    of boost and compile my own static lib with the boost
    source files to use it with BCB5 and BCB6.

    Duane Hebert, Oct 2, 2004

    "Duane Hebert" <> wrote in message news:<4Xv7d.16579$>...
    > <> wrote in message news:...
    > > how to compile boost.thread,and set it?
    > > I have trouble.
    > > platform: windows XP
    > > compiler: Borland C++ Compiler 5.5.1 commandline tools

    > Which version of boost? Borland has problems with this
    > if the thread lib isn't static and the latest version of boost
    > has trouble if it is. I had to stick with the previous version
    > of boost and compile my own static lib with the boost
    > source files to use it with BCB5 and BCB6.

    boost_1_31_0

    , Oct 4, 2004
  4. Duane Hebert Guest

    <> wrote in message news:...

    > > Which version of boost? Borland has problems with this
    > > if the thread lib isn't static and the latest version of boost
    > > has trouble if it is. I had to stick with the previous version
    > > of boost and compile my own static lib with the boost
    > > source files to use it with BCB5 and BCB6.

    > boost_1_31_0

    We couldn't go past boost_1_30_2 and with
    that one, we had to take the cpp files from the
    thread subdirectory and compile and link them
    into a static library. What errors are you
    getting?

    Duane Hebert, Oct 4, 2004