How to use CSS Control Adapters

a.mustaq

Hi All,

My Client wantsb to develop the site using
CSS Control adapters. I go thru number articles on web, but could not
understand how they are worthfull. What are theire merits over <table>
tags. Please help me.

Thanks and Regards
A.Mustaq Ahmed

Kevin Spencer

Your Client wants to make an architecture decision regarding the technology?
I get the feeling there's something you're not telling us. CSS Control
Adapters may have some limited usefulness and potential. However, the idea
of designing a Control that renders one sort of HTML and is then extended to
render another sort of HTML feels like code-bloat to me, that is, if you
don't ever plan on using the HTML that they were originally designed to
produce. It's like buying a car with 2 engines, one that you never use.

If you want to avoid using tables (and they are over-used), use Controls
that don't render tables. You can certainly create your own (and I often
do). The one-size-fits-all Controls that come with the ASP.Net Framework are
useful for some things, but overkill for others.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP