How to use execCommand("saveas") and save images on the page?

lir

Hi,
I am trying to save a fram in a page using the execCommand("saveas")
the html is save currectly but I can not save the gif on that page.
How can I save the fram with the gif via execCommand("saveas").
I would like the user to choose where to put the file on his/her loca
hard drive.
Thanks,
Liro
-
li

Janwillem Borleffs

lir said:
Hi,
I am trying to save a fram in a page using the execCommand("saveas").
the html is save currectly but I can not save the gif on that page.
How can I save the fram with the gif via execCommand("saveas").
I would like the user to choose where to put the file on his/her local
hard drive.

AFAIK there is no other way then to use absolute references to the images...

JW

lir

So If I get it correctly The user will have to load the gifs of that
page (the page he just saveAs) each time from the server. Is there any
other way to save the html page ??? without getting any connection with
the server?

Fabian

lir hu kiteb:
So If I get it correctly The user will have to load the gifs of that
page (the page he just saveAs) each time from the server. Is there any
other way to save the html page ??? without getting any connection
with the server?

I believe recent versions of msie have the optio to save as a .mht file,
which integrates everything from teh page in a special format, images
included. I dont know how well it handles frames, and Im not sure how
any of this is relevant to javascript, or why it would be a major issue
to a web author.