how to use it: require

Servando Garcia

I have a custom file filled with a word list. How do call it in my main
program.
I have tried "require wordlist" but ruby can't find the file
In C/C++ I would have used Include<wordlist.h> or for python I would
have used "import wordlist" so long as the wordlist was placed in the
same directory I am good. So how do I do this using ruby

Before I forget I want to thank everyone for their help. I am really
liking Ruby and I finally understand how to use symbols

Sam Garcia

James Britt

Servando said:
I have a custom file filled with a word list. How do call it in my main
program.
I have tried "require wordlist" but ruby can't find the file
In C/C++ I would have used Include<wordlist.h> or for python I would
have used "import wordlist" so long as the wordlist was placed in the
same directory I am good. So how do I do this using ruby

require is a method call that takes a string.

require 'wordlist'

'wordlist' needs to be in some directory that is part of the Ruby
interpreter's current load path.

http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Kernel.html#M001980

Before I forget I want to thank everyone for their help. I am really
liking Ruby and I finally understand how to use symbols

Great! Now learn to abuse them!

--
James Britt

http://www.30secondrule.com - Building Better Tools

Diego Cano Lagneaux

I have a custom file filled with a word list. How do call it in my main= =20
program.
I have tried "require wordlist" but ruby can't find the file
In C/C++ I would have used Include<wordlist.h> or for python I would =20
have used "import wordlist" so long as the wordlist was placed in the =20
same directory I am good. So how do I do this using ruby
Call the file wordlist.rb, then require it like this:

require "wordlist"

elKano