How to use Java Card

Susanne Kaufmann

Hello,

I have a java application encrypting/decrypting files and messages. At
the moment I read the privateKey (for file-encryption I use AES and
wrap the key with a public RSA key) from a textfile. Now I would like
to put the key on a IBM JCOP 31 Smartcard.

But here I have got a few questions. At first I would like to use the
card to verify the user to the application. E.g. the application
starts and the user is asked to insert his smartcard and then to enter
the pin using the card readers pinpad. How could I realise this?

The second problem is, how to transport the private key from the card
into the application. I thought using this way: my application
generates a private/public keypair. Then the publicKey is sent to the
smartcard, which wraps its own privatekey with it. this wrapped key is
sent back to the application.

Greetings,

Susanne