how to use msoffice components with out having ms office on system

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by srinivas, Oct 24, 2005.

  1. srinivas

    srinivas Guest

    Hi,

    I created an interactive html page by saving an excel
    file.What i need is, i created this file using office 2000.some of our
    clients are unable to access my page.when ever they attempt to access
    this page they are getting the message like

    "To use this Web page interactively, you must have Microsoft®
    Internet Explorer 4.01 or later and the Microsoft Office Web
    Components.See the Microsoft Office Web site for more information".

    What i thought is if we use office components in web page we must have
    to install the office or office related components.

    Please tell me my assumptions are correct or is there any way to access
    office components with out having msoffice and office components.

    Thanks,
    Srinivas

    srinivas, Oct 24, 2005

  2. srinivas

    VK Guest

    <http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q243/0/06.asp> first,
    then
    <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=982b0359-0a86-4fb2-a7ee-5f3a499515dd&displaylang=en>
    then
    <http://www.west-wind.com/presentations/OWCCharting/OWCCharting.asp>

    All of above can be found by:
    <http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=Microsoft+Office+Web+Components>

    1) Google a bit before ask ;-)

    2) Microsoft created OWC as add-on for *licensed Office users*. It is
    not a tool to benefit from Microsoft Office w/o buying/installing it.
    It's covered in the license agreement and in the OWC mechanics.

    VK, Oct 24, 2005