    So where do we find these nice high level AST objects ?

    thanks,

    Simon.

    Simon Burton, Oct 25, 2005

  2. Simon Burton wrote:

    > I'd like to experiment with this, does anyone know where to start ?

    with the "once there is" parts, probably (see below).

    > It seems that the parser module still produces the same junk as before.
    > So where do we find these nice high level AST objects ?

    here's a nice summary:

    http://www.amk.ca/diary/2005/10/the_ast_branch_lands_1

    which ends with:

    "The primary benefit is that it should now be easier to write optimization
    passes and tools such as PyChecker or refactoring browsers, particularly
    once there's a Python interface to the AST and once everything is
    documented."

    </F>

    Fredrik Lundh, Oct 25, 2005