How to use PKI in web service?

SlcOleg

I need to develop web service which will be consumed by Java based app. For
security reason our client wants to use PKI.
Is there any article or samples available to leran how to do that?

Thanks,
Oleg

Dominick Baier

Hi,

have a look at WCF - WS:Security is interoperable and supports Java clients
- best start by downloading the .NET 3.0 SDK and look at the WCF security
scenarios section.

Joe Kaplan

When you say PKI, does that mean transport level security with SSL (possibly
with client certificates) or does that mean message level security using
certificates in conjunction with WS-Security?

Joe K.

Joe Kaplan

I agree with Dominick, then. Use the existing standards (WS-Security) and
try to use WCF if at all possible. It will make your life easier. Note
that the Java client will need to support the protocol as well though.

Joe K.