How to use python in matlab

John Hunter

Ali> How to use python in matlab? --

Could you be more explicit about what you want to do - do you want to
call a python script from within a matlab shell?

Note that python offers many tools which enable you to *replace*
matlab with python. See

Numeric - array package with many matlab element wise operations and
functions - http://numpy.sourceforge.net/

numarray - the same but with enhanced indexing, better support for
large arrays and
more. http://www.stsci.edu/resources/software_hardware/numarray

matplotlib - 2D plotting with matlab syntax -
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

scipy - a vast collection of numeric tools, including support for

and much more....

JDH

Ali

John Hunter said:
Ali> How to use python in matlab? --

Could you be more explicit about what you want to do - do you want to
call a python script from within a matlab shell?

Note that python offers many tools which enable you to *replace*
matlab with python. See

Numeric - array package with many matlab element wise operations and
functions - http://numpy.sourceforge.net/

numarray - the same but with enhanced indexing, better support for
large arrays and
more. http://www.stsci.edu/resources/software_hardware/numarray

matplotlib - 2D plotting with matlab syntax -
http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/

scipy - a vast collection of numeric tools, including support for

and much more....

JDH

ok so is there a thing I can download that will do the symbolic stuff
that matlab can do?

Fernando Perez

Ali said:
ok so is there a thing I can download that will do the symbolic stuff
that matlab can do?

http://maxima.sourceforge.net/

To my knowledge, this is the only free competitor to Mathematica and Maple
(btw, matlab has no symbolic capabilities of its own, it just licenses the
Maple engine).

Best,