How to use Python + PygreSQL on a WinXP system

Radu Stanciu

Hi,

I want to use the PygreSQL modules on a Windows machine (more exactly
a WinXP one). I've downloaded the latest version (3.4 so far) and I am
required to build the pgmodule C library. Is there a way to avoid
this? I need to install this on many user systems and it would be very
hard to do.

Is there a compiled package available for this? Or an easier way to
install this package?

Thanks in advance,

Radu Stanciu

Joon-Cheol Park

Hi,

I want to use the PygreSQL modules on a Windows machine (more exactly
a WinXP one). I've downloaded the latest version (3.4 so far) and I am
required to build the pgmodule C library. Is there a way to avoid
this? I need to install this on many user systems and it would be very
hard to do.

Is there a compiled package available for this? Or an easier way to
install this package?

Thanks in advance,

Radu Stanciu

I have a two compiled package.
but this package was made 2002 year.

for python 2.2
http://www.exman.pe.kr/board/pds.ph...&board_file_name=PyGreSQL-3.1.win32-py2.2.exe
for python 2.1
http://www.exman.pe.kr/board/pds.ph...&board_file_name=PyGreSQL-3.1.win32-py2.1.exe

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Gerhard_H=E4ring?=

Radu said:
Hi,

I want to use the PygreSQL modules on a Windows machine (more exactly
a WinXP one). I've downloaded the latest version (3.4 so far) and I am
required to build the pgmodule C library. Is there a way to avoid
this?
No.

I need to install this on many user systems and it would be very
hard to do.

You'd only have to build it once and create an installer with commands like this:

python setup.py build
python setup.py bdist_wininst

That's all, provided that your C compiler is set up correctly and you use the way
I used to build PyGreSQL packages when I still offered win32 versions of it. Maybe
I documented it in PyGreSQL's setup.py at the time, maybe I didn't ;-)
Is there a compiled package available for this? Or an easier way to
install this package?

If all you need is a DB-API module to access PostgreSQL databases, pyPgSQL offers
win32 binaries http://pypgsql.sourceforge.net/

I do support the pyPgSQL on win32, so if you have any questions, ask me directly
or even better yet, on the pyPgSQL mailing list.

Somewhere on the net, there are also psycopg win32 binaries, if you happen to
prefer this PostgreSQL adapter over the others.

-- Gerhard