How to use rdoc parsers outside of rdoc?

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Paul Van Delst, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    I want to parse some source code using the parsers that come with rdoc. E.g. use
    parse_f95.rb to read a Fortran95 source file and return all the various bits. The
    rdoc/parsers documentation isn't very enlightening (to me at least, still a newbie).

    The reason I ask is I want to use ruby to automatically generate a bunch of Fortran95 code
    based on a derived type (structure) definition. In ruby-speak (I think), I want to
    generate the various "standard" public class methods based on a file containing the class
    definition.

    Hopefully my question makes sense.

    Thanks for any info.

    cheers,