    but its all in RSS and I have not the first clue on how to use it! If
    anyone could shed any light on this, I would really appreciate it!

    Thank you, Bryan
    Bryan Polar, Oct 8, 2003

  2. Bryan Polar

    arachno Guest

    Well, i do using RSS and RDF feeds for my web sites. If you have ASP and
    SiteAdminWDK (from www.arachnoware.com) both on your PC, you can solve your
    problem with three lines of code. You just specifying location of your RSS
    feed, specifying the "skin"/schema location and third line you
    Response.Writ'ing your feed to visitors browser. What can be easier.

    arachno, Oct 9, 2003

  3. (Bryan Polar) writes:

    > Does anyone here have experience with RSS feeds? After searching
    > around I found http://bipolarlife.com/usernews/bipolar_usernews.rss.cfm
    > but its all in RSS and I have not the first clue on how to use it! If
    > anyone could shed any light on this, I would really appreciate it!

    If you use Perl my experience might be of interest.

    We've based entire websites on using XML::RSS[1] and LWP::UserAgent[2]
    and pointing them to RSS 1.0[3] feeds from our partners. The RSS feed
    you refer to is 0.9 and I think XML::RSS handles 0.9 as well.

    Quite efficient, but check the XML before you send it to XML::RSS

    w3c has, as always, quite a bit of information about this, but it is
    quite confusing if you've never touched this stuff before.

    Hope this helps.

    [1] http://search.cpan.org/~kellan/XML-RSS-1.02/lib/RSS.pm
    [2] http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/libwww-perl-5.69/lib/LWP/UserAgent.pm
    [3] http://www.purl.org/rss/1.0/