how to use RSS Feeds

arachno

Well, i do using RSS and RDF feeds for my web sites. If you have ASP and
SiteAdminWDK (from www.arachnoware.com) both on your PC, you can solve your
problem with three lines of code. You just specifying location of your RSS
feed, specifying the "skin"/schema location and third line you
Response.Writ'ing your feed to visitors browser. What can be easier.

Morten Helgaland

Does anyone here have experience with RSS feeds? After searching
around I found http://bipolarlife.com/usernews/bipolar_usernews.rss.cfm
but its all in RSS and I have not the first clue on how to use it! If
anyone could shed any light on this, I would really appreciate it!

If you use Perl my experience might be of interest.

We've based entire websites on using XML::RSS[1] and LWP::UserAgent[2]
and pointing them to RSS 1.0[3] feeds from our partners. The RSS feed
you refer to is 0.9 and I think XML::RSS handles 0.9 as well.

Quite efficient, but check the XML before you send it to XML::RSS

w3c has, as always, quite a bit of information about this, but it is
quite confusing if you've never touched this stuff before.

Hope this helps.

[1] http://search.cpan.org/~kellan/XML-RSS-1.02/lib/RSS.pm
[2] http://search.cpan.org/~gaas/libwww-perl-5.69/lib/LWP/UserAgent.pm
[3] http://www.purl.org/rss/1.0/