How to use same menu html code on each page

KB

My fellow virtual friends, allow me to ask for your collaboration with this
simple yet not-so-trivial matter,

My application has a menu which is defined and stored in a database. This
menu will be part of any page. Currently I implemented it as a user control
which gets the menu from the database and then converts it into the html
code, which is then displayed in each page. For some reason I have a feeling
that it's not very smart to read the same data when each page loads. So I'm
thinking what would be the best way to preserve my menu over the entire
application life. The options that I have right now to implement it are 1)
storing the menu html in the Application or Session state object, and 2)
using frames.

Are there any other ways to implement this?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Curt_C [MVP]

the DB read should be quick enough to not really be an issue. Storing it in
the Session may be an issue as you'll end up, in theory, with the SAME menu
stored in memory for EVERY "active" user.....eek. Application may be better
in this case but I think you will find that going to the DB is going to be
fast enough, and efficient enough, to not really be an issue.