How to use SDRAM Vhdl with DE2-115??

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by annna, Dec 10, 2013.

  1. annna

    annna

    Joined:
    Dec 10, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    English use of I might be wrong. Because I am not good at English.

    I have been using de2-115.
    I would like to create a SDRAM circuit to verify that the data is written to the SDRAM, data is read from the SDRAM.
    But since I do not understand about the SDRAM , it is difficult .

    Could you tell me the code and its operation to me someone ?

    By the way , the code shown below is a SRAM circuit that created me.
    I would like to create SDRAM something similar to this circuit .

    Code:
    library ieee;
    use ieee.std_logic_1164.all;

    entity top_level_entity is
    port (
     SW: in std_logic_vector (17 downto 0);
     LEDR: out std_logic_vector (17 downto 0);

     SRAM_ADDR: out std_logic_vector (19 downto 0);
     SRAM_DQ: inout std_logic_vector (15 downto 0);
     SRAM_CE_N: out std_logic;
     SRAM_OE_N: out std_logic;
     SRAM_WE_N: out std_logic;
     SRAM_UB_N: out std_logic;
     SRAM_LB_N: out std_logic
    ) ;
    end top_level_entity;

    architecture inside_top_level_entity of top_level_entity is

     signal address: std_logic_vector (1 downto 0);
     signal data: std_logic_vector (14 downto 0);
     signal output: std_logic_vector (14 downto 0);
     signal we: std_logic;

    begin

     SRAM_WE_N <= not SW (15);

     SRAM_CE_N <= '0 ';
     SRAM_OE_N <= '0 ';
     SRAM_UB_N <= '0 ';
     SRAM_LB_N <= '0 ';

     address <= SW (17 downto 16);
     SRAM_ADDR (19 downto 2) <= (others => '0 ');
     SRAM_ADDR (1 downto 0) <= address;

     data <= SW (14 downto 0) when SW (15) = '1 'else (others =>' Z ');
     SRAM_DQ (15) <= '0 ';
     SRAM_DQ (14 downto 0) <= data;

     output <= SRAM_DQ (14 downto 0);
     LEDR (14 downto 0) <= output;