how to use ssl certificates with a wsdl webreference?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Peter van der Veen, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Hi

    I have the following problem.

    I making an application that needs to communicate with a webservice
    using an SSL connection. The Connection needs an username and a
    password.

    I have added a webreference to the webservice using a WSDL file i got.
    VS made a nice reference.vb file with the function setc in it and the
    https address of the server.
    All the fucntions etc in the WSDL file i can see and use, but when i
    try to run the application it gices an error saying that there is no
    open SSL connetion.

    so i have to open een ssl connection first? But how?

    and how to send an username and password?

    I search already a lot but could not get anything working.

    Peter
    Peter van der Veen, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Hi Mark

    Thx a lot!!!

    I've got it working now. I now see what i was doing wrong .

    i had just to combine two methods

    Thx

    Peter

    Peter van der Veen, Aug 20, 2003