How to use the vbc.exe tool

David

From what I have been reading, I can use the VBC.exe tool to recompile a
site. But I'm not sure how to do this. I simply want to recompile the vb
files in my website. I am not a programmer and am a complete idiot when it
comes to this, so please any help would be apprecited.

I did add the path of the vbc.exe to my system enviornment because I thought
this would be needed to run this from the root folder of my web site.

Thanks
David

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

Hi David,

Your best bet is to look up the .NET Framework SDK documentation on the
compiler. There are sample command lines available there. Just keep in
mind that you will need to add a /reference parameter for your referenced
assemblies.

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]
MCP+I, MCSE, MCSD, MCDBA
Microsoft Developer Support
(e-mail address removed)

--------------------

David

Hi, I have installed that but I am using VS.net pro 2002 and When I attempt
to open the project it says that My project was built with a newer version.

Any other help please.

Thanks
David

Jim Cheshire [MSFT]

David,

No one can tell you the exact command line to build your application. It
depends on what you've referenced, etc. You will need to consult the SDK
documentation.