How to use Visual Studio for c++ programming

Damian

How do I teach a friend of mine how to use Visual Studio? He will be implementing in C++ but has recently upgraded from VS6 to VS2010! Just simple stuff how to compile, debug, edit etc.

I had quick look on YouTube and MSDN for training videos but could not find anything particular interesting. Are there any visual studio for dummies quick starters?

Even paid for training materials are interesting if they are good.

I myself am an expert and have used C++ for +15Y

Ian Collins

Damian said:
How do I teach a friend of mine how to use Visual Studio? He will be
implementing in C++ but has recently upgraded from VS6 to VS2010!
Just simple stuff how to compile, debug, edit etc.

I had quick look on YouTube and MSDN for training videos but could
not find anything particular interesting. Are there any visual studio
for dummies quick starters?

Even paid for training materials are interesting if they are good.

I myself am an expert and have used C++ for +15Y

Then you should know not to ask a tool question on a language group!

Try one of the Microsoft forums.