how to use WSDL,exe generated code?

jackhandy30

Using the .NET 1.1 Framework SDK WSDL.EXE tool and VS.NET 2003, how do
I use the code generated from WSDL.EXE. I have a WSDL file and I have
successfully called WSDL.exe like so:

wsdl /out:myproxy.cs mywsdl.wsdl

So the above command line generates a new text file myproxy.cs which
has C# classes defined for each method defined in mywsdl.wsdl. The
question is how do I tie this to an asmx. I don't see any [WebMethod]
attributes attached.... Is this a simple process?

Jeremy

John Saunders

Using the .NET 1.1 Framework SDK WSDL.EXE tool and VS.NET 2003, how do
I use the code generated from WSDL.EXE. I have a WSDL file and I have
successfully called WSDL.exe like so:

wsdl /out:myproxy.cs mywsdl.wsdl

So the above command line generates a new text file myproxy.cs which
has C# classes defined for each method defined in mywsdl.wsdl. The
question is how do I tie this to an asmx. I don't see any [WebMethod]
attributes attached.... Is this a simple process?

You want to use the /server switch. You want a stub, not a proxy. The proxy
is for clients.

As to how to use the result, you could derive from the class it generates
for the server.

John