how to use xslt on Windows Ruby

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Author, Aug 3, 2010.

  1. Author

    Author Guest

    I am new to Ruby, i just want to automate my daily work by using some ruby
    script. here is a question, how to use xslt in Ruby under Windows, since
    Windows is my working system. Here are my job to be done: I need to
    transform some .Net resource files(.resx) to a special xml format which will
    be used in our company's translation system, and after translation, the xml
    files need to be transformed back to .Net resource files.
    Ruby is easy to learn, however, when i try to use xslt, i found that there
    is no working xslt lib(or gems in ruby world) for Windows, the famous
    ruby-xslt gems only works for linux, I googled from Internet, and some
    articles say recomipling the libxml is necessary, why things are so
    complicated, shouldn't ruby be the SIMPLER language?

    anybody knows how to do this?
    thanks in advance!

    --

    Best regards,
    Liang

    Author, Aug 3, 2010

  2. Author

    Author Guest

    any idea?

    --

    Best regards,
    Liang

    Author, Aug 3, 2010

  3. Author

    Guest

    On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Author <> wrote:
    > I am new to Ruby, i just want to automate my daily work by using some ruby
    > script. here is a question, how to use xslt in Ruby under Windows, since
    > Windows is my working system. Here are my job to be done: I need to
    > transform some .Net resource files(.resx) to a special xml format which will
    > be used in our company's translation system, and after translation, the xml
    > files need to be transformed back to .Net resource files.
    > Ruby is easy to learn, however, when i try to use xslt, i found that there
    > is no working xslt lib(or gems in ruby world) for Windows, the famous
    > ruby-xslt gems only works for linux, I googled from Internet, and some
    > articles say recomipling the libxml is necessary, why things are so
    > complicated, shouldn't ruby be the SIMPLER language?
    >
    > anybody knows how to do this?

    No I don't, but this was the sixth result for "ruby xslt windows" on Google:

    Using Ruby on Rails and XSLT to Create a Word 2007 Document
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee895050(office.12).aspx

    The Ruby on Rails applications that you create in this Visual How To
    uses the following components, which you must install before you build
    the application:

    * Ruby version 1.8.6 language.
    * RubyGems version 1.3.5
    * Ruby package manager to enable installation of Ruby gems.
    * Rails version 2.3.2 Web development framework.
    * ZipRuby gem version 0.3.2 to provide Ruby language bindings for
    libzip library for reading, creating, and modifying zip
    archives to enable
    working with Word 2007 documents as ZIP files.
    * Nokogiri gem version 1.3.3 to enable XML document support.
    * LibXml-Ruby gem version 1.1.3 to provide Ruby language bindings for
    the GNOME Libxml2 XML toolkit.
    * LibXSLT-Ruby gem version 0.9.2 to provide Ruby language bindings for
    the GNOME Libxslt toolkit.

    So it looks like:

    gem install nokogiri libxml-ruby libxslt-ruby

    And the documentation for libxslt-ruby:

    http://libxsl.rubyforge.org/

    , Aug 3, 2010

    On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 10:13 PM, Author <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I am new to Ruby, i just want to automate my daily work by using some ruby
    > script. here is a question, how to use xslt in Ruby under Windows, since
    > Windows is my working system.

    Please take a look at the nokogiri gem. It contains a version of libxml that
    is pre-built for windows, and supports xslt functionality.

    You can get more information be emailing the nokogiri-talk mailing list at

    Mike Dalessio, Aug 3, 2010
  5. Author

    Author Guest

    Thank you,