How to using/import class library in Visual Web Developer Express C#

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ronde, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. Ronde

    Ronde Guest

    Hi all,

    A newbie here. And I am using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express with C#
    to develop my web application. Here is the situation I am running into
    and need some help here. Thanks a lot in advance.

    I have a class, let's say Car, under namespace: MyTest. It is saved in
    the file: Car.cs. And my Default.aspx page needs to initiate the Car
    instance. However, I cannot using: using MyTest in my code behind.
    If I did, I would get an error message at compiling time: Error 3 The
    type or namespace name 'MyTest' could not be found (are you missing a
    using directive or an assembly reference?). What I need to do to make
    this work?

    Again, thanks.

    Ronde

    Ronde, Apr 25, 2006

  2. Make sure car.cs is located int he app_code folder.

    Karl

    --
    http://www.openmymind.net/
    http://www.fuelindustries.com/