How to validate a xml file by an external dtd file?

yw

Hi,
I use xerces to parse a xml file, but I don't know how to validate the xml
file with an external dtd file, anyone can help me?

or whether there are some other methods to do this?

Thanks

David Håsäther

yw said:
Hi,
I use xerces to parse a xml file, but I don't know how to validate
the xml file with an external dtd file, anyone can help me?

<!DOCTYPE root SYSTEM "path/to/external/subset">

with "root" being your root element.

yw

Thanks for your answer, I am a novice at XML, can your explain the method
more detailed? and some demo code is better, thank you very much.