How to validate,save checkboxlist at values selected by user

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Kumar, Jul 22, 2005.

  1. Kumar

    Kumar Guest

    Hi ,

    I am using the article code shown in below url:

    http://www.codeproject.com/aspnet/xmlxsltransformer.asp?df=100&forumid=118504&select=1170328

    This article is very cool feature.

    I am trying to implement this into my application.

    I got struck while doing validation (mandatory answer) and saving user
    selected checkbox values for the aspx element checkboxlist (chklist1).

    If it is textbox we will say Request.form["tbname1"]

    But it's not possible if it is checkboxlist.
    we cannot say Request.form[chklist1]

    Suppose If I have 4 checkboxes in my checkbox list group, I want to store
    some value for each checkbox and while saving get the values for the user
    selected checkboxes and save it to database.

    Usually if it is html checkbox, if user checks we will get value as "on".

    How to solve this kind of problem ???

    Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Anil
    Kumar, Jul 22, 2005