How to verticllay align text in a div-box?

metalive

Hello!

I want to create a footer as a narrow line at the bottom of the screen
and am therefore using a div-box formatted with "height:25px;".

The line of text in it though, is aligned at the top the the footerbox,
and I've tried to get it vertically middled using
"vertical-align:middle;" on the the div-box, which didn't work. The next
thing I tried was to wrap the line of text into a <span> and then
applied the "vertical-align:middle;" on that, but neither did that work.

Can someone tell me the solution please?
THX
Nick

Spartanicus

metalive said:
I want to create a footer as a narrow line at the bottom of the screen
and am therefore using a div-box formatted with "height:25px;".

The line of text in it though, is aligned at the top the the footerbox,
and I've tried to get it vertically middled using
"vertical-align:middle;" on the the div-box, which didn't work. The next
thing I tried was to wrap the line of text into a <span> and then
applied the "vertical-align:middle;" on that, but neither did that work.

Can someone tell me the solution please?

Specify a top and bottom padding on the footer box.

Neredbojias

With neither quill nor qualm, metalive quothed
Hello!

I want to create a footer as a narrow line at the bottom of the screen
and am therefore using a div-box formatted with "height:25px;".

The line of text in it though, is aligned at the top the the footerbox,
and I've tried to get it vertically middled using
"vertical-align:middle;" on the the div-box, which didn't work. The next
thing I tried was to wrap the line of text into a <span> and then
applied the "vertical-align:middle;" on that, but neither did that work.

Vertical-align must have some other text to relate to. For what you
want, my advice is to use a table.