how to view java applets offline?

Gallagher

if it is on a website, is there a tool to capture it to harddrive?

thanks.

--
I was getting into that established, fat,
professional-pop-star-can-do-no-wrong, worker genius, a record every few

Michael Winter

Gallagher wrote on 19 Dec 2003 at Fri, 19 Dec 2003 16:25:38 GMT:
if it is on a website, is there a tool to capture it to harddrive?

This group is for questions about the JavaScript language:

1) Java is not JavaScript.
2) Your question isn't about either language.

However, as there doesn't appear to be an appropriate group...

Depending upon the type of Java applet, it might not be usable off-
line. The most likely way to get it would be to rip the entire page.
That way, it should catch the parameters as well as the applet. You
can do this two ways:

1) Use a web spider[1] (with the appropriate settings).
2) Marking the page as viewable offline, which is probably simpler.

Mike

[1] Here's a list of some:

http://directory.google.com/Top/Computers/Software/Shareware/Windows
/Internet/Offline_Browsing_Tools/?tc=1

Bob

if it is on a website, is there a tool to capture it to harddrive?

I'm not sure what happens in IE or Moz if you just capture the
"web page". It might save the applet, it might not. You can
always type a manual URL to the class file and then rebuild
it into the page locally.

Of course, you need to make sure that
you are not exceeding some copyright or terms of use at the
site where you are "borrowing" the applet.