How to view the incoming SOAP message

Plamen

I have a simple web service that has just one method:
[WebMethod]
public string CreateAppToken(string appKey, string cargo)
I'm trying to access that from Java (JBoss). When I run in debug mode and
stop inside this method all input parameters are null. This means that I'm
missing something when sending the request in the java app, but there is no
clue on what exactly...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Laurent Bugnion, MVP

Hi,
I have a simple web service that has just one method:
[WebMethod]
public string CreateAppToken(string appKey, string cargo)
I'm trying to access that from Java (JBoss). When I run in debug mode and
stop inside this method all input parameters are null. This means that I'm
missing something when sending the request in the java app, but there is no
clue on what exactly...

Any ideas?

Thanks

When I was doing web service development and my parameters were null, it
meant that I had chosen the wrong mode (for example document mode
instead of RPC mode).

Check
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4cxy91t2.aspx

HTH,
Laurent

jake

use soap extension to trace the message:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7w06t139.aspx
Need to configure web.config to add the method you want to trace.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/esw638yk.aspx
Example:
<configuration>
<system.web>
<webServices>
<soapExtensionTypes>
<add type="Logger.LoggerExtension,logger"
priority="1"
group="0" />
</soapExtensionTypes>
</webServices>
</system.web>
</configuration>

HTH
welly sunarko

Hi,

--
Laurent Bugnion [MVP ASP.NET]
Software engineering, Blog: http://www.galasoft.ch

Plamen

Thanks jake - very useful information.

The problem was actually an extra nesting level in the request. For the web
service method it looked like I am sending an object with attributes rather
then separate input parameters.

I was able to find out that using a very nice tool (it has 14 days trial):

http://www.httpdebugger.com/

jake said:
use soap extension to trace the message:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7w06t139.aspx
Need to configure web.config to add the method you want to trace.
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/esw638yk.aspx
Example:
<configuration>
<system.web>
<webServices>
<soapExtensionTypes>
<add type="Logger.LoggerExtension,logger"
priority="1"
group="0" />
</soapExtensionTypes>
</webServices>