How to work many peoples in a web project?

Dexter

Hello all,
i'm developing a web project with Visual Studio.net, and now,
i need that many peoples work in a unique web project.
I have a web server with all source codes running with IIS 5.0,
and i want that all peoples use this web server.

How i can to work of this way?

Thanks

Dexter

Guest

1) Don't debug on the same server.
2) Buy sourcesafe. If this isn't an option use cvs
3) Really, don't even think of debugging all on the same server.

Source safe or cvs will manage all your code for you allowing multiple
people to work on the same project.

Ben Strackany

I second all those points. We used to use the same server w/ Interdev, but
now we know better. :)

Architect your application so developers can work on their own pieces. They
can run IIS on their own machines & integrate their components/sections with
the current "stable" version of the rest of the app. You can then have a
regular integration process where everyone's latest "stable" stuff is put
together on a single server & tested thoroughly. Once it passes muster you
wrap up the whole application from that box & deploy to
QA->staging->production.

For source control, you can also look into subversion, which may be easier
to install & use on a Windows server. I found a blog on it:
http://weblogs.asp.net/nleghari/articles/subversion.aspx