    How i can to work of this way?

    Thanks

    Dexter

    Dexter, Nov 30, 2004

  2. 1) Don't debug on the same server.
    2) Buy sourcesafe. If this isn't an option use cvs
    3) Really, don't even think of debugging all on the same server.

    Source safe or cvs will manage all your code for you allowing multiple
    people to work on the same project.

    =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgU2ltb25z?=, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Dexter

    Karl Seguin Guest

    It'll take a lot of time and practice to get right, but consider following
    this great Microsoft Pattern and Practices:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnbda/html/Tdlg_rm.asp?frame=true

    Not as straightforward as it ought to be, but Team System ought to fix that
    next year :)

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    http://www.openmymind.net/

    Karl Seguin, Nov 30, 2004
  4. I second all those points. We used to use the same server w/ Interdev, but
    now we know better. :)

    Architect your application so developers can work on their own pieces. They
    can run IIS on their own machines & integrate their components/sections with
    the current "stable" version of the rest of the app. You can then have a
    regular integration process where everyone's latest "stable" stuff is put
    together on a single server & tested thoroughly. Once it passes muster you
    wrap up the whole application from that box & deploy to
    QA->staging->production.

    For source control, you can also look into subversion, which may be easier
    to install & use on a Windows server. I found a blog on it:
    http://weblogs.asp.net/nleghari/articles/subversion.aspx

    --
    Ben Strackany
    www.developmentnow.com