how to write a web page for mathematics

Carl

Hi, I am trying to make a website which talks about math. I would like
to put a lot of math equations, and math symbols such as
"integral","derivative","vector", and so on.
I have not been able to find a website which explains how I can make
such a website. I do have some knowlege on "latex" or "tex". So if there
is any way to use those languages in a web page, I would like to know
that. Ofcourse, I don't have to use "latex", if there are other ways to
make a web page for math. I use Linux, so any softwares that are
specific to windows won't work for me.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you, and have a good day.

Carl said:
Hi, I am trying to make a website which talks about math. I would like
to put a lot of math equations, and math symbols such as
"integral","derivative","vector", and so on.
I have not been able to find a website which explains how I can make
such a website. I do have some knowlege on "latex" or "tex". So if there
is any way to use those languages in a web page, I would like to know
that. Ofcourse, I don't have to use "latex", if there are other ways to
make a web page for math. I use Linux, so any softwares that are
specific to windows won't work for me.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you, and have a good day.

Go to w3.org and read up on MathML. Unfortunately it is
not well supported yet, so for a web page you may prefer
images for the nonce.

C A Upsdell

Carl said:
Hi, I am trying to make a website which talks about math. I would like
to put a lot of math equations, and math symbols such as
"integral","derivative","vector", and so on.
I have not been able to find a website which explains how I can make
such a website. I do have some knowlege on "latex" or "tex". So if there
is any way to use those languages in a web page, I would like to know
that. Ofcourse, I don't have to use "latex", if there are other ways to
make a web page for math. I use Linux, so any softwares that are
specific to windows won't work for me.

MathML, of course, but it is not well supported.

For simple math you may want to take a look at the HTML math symbols: see
http://www.upsdell.com/BrowserNews/res_entities.htm#a02

kayodeok

Hi, I am trying to make a website which talks about math. I
would like to put a lot of math equations, and math symbols such
as "integral","derivative","vector", and so on.
I have not been able to find a website which explains how I can
make such a website. I do have some knowlege on "latex" or
"tex". So if there is any way to use those languages in a web
page, I would like to know that. Ofcourse, I don't have to use
"latex", if there are other ways to make a web page for math. I
use Linux, so any softwares that are specific to windows won't
work for me.

Mathematical formulas in HTML 4.0
http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/mathematics.html

Math in HTML (and CSS)
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/math/

Toby A Inkster

Carl said:
Hi, I am trying to make a website which talks about math.

As well as MathML which other posters have mentioned (MathML is only
supported in Gecko-based browsers, e.g. Mozilla, Netscape.), you might
want to look at docbook.

Docbook is a semantically-rich SGML-based format and allows you to mark up
mathematical formulae.

There aren't really any browsers that support Docbook[1] but there are
handy Docbook->HTML converters (and also Docbook->LaTeX, Docbook->PDF, etc)

[1] except the Mozilla offshoot DocZilla.