how to write into flash memory in linux

Uresh

Hello everybody,,,,

I have a task to get it done. it is to write an image file downloaded
from a http server and to load it in the FLASH memory.

how do i do this under the Linux environment using C.

Help in this regard is expected from all the peers....

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Uresh.

Jonathan Burd

Uresh said:
Hello everybody,,,,

I have a task to get it done. it is to write an image file downloaded
from a http server and to load it in the FLASH memory.

how do i do this under the Linux environment using C.

Help in this regard is expected from all the peers....

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Uresh.

This is a newsgroup about the C language. What you want done
is platform-dependent. You may as well ask in a group dedicated
to your platform. Try comp.unix.programmer for instance.

Regards,
Jonathan.

Thomas Matthews

Uresh said:
Hello everybody,,,,

I have a task to get it done. it is to write an image file downloaded
from a http server and to load it in the FLASH memory.

how do i do this under the Linux environment using C.

Help in this regard is expected from all the peers....

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Uresh.

Try many people there know how
to write to Flash memory devices. Some may even know
how to do this on a Linux system.

--
Thomas Matthews

C++ newsgroup welcome message:
http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:
Other sites:

Dan Henry

Jonathan Burd said:
This is a newsgroup about the C language. What you want done
is platform-dependent. You may as well ask in a group dedicated
to your platform. Try comp.unix.programmer for instance.

And comp.os.linux.embedded where your audience will likely have vast
experience writing to flash in a Linux environment.

Uresh

Thanks to Jonathan Burd, Thomas Mathews and Dan Henry for giving
suitable information.

With best regards,
Uresh