    Is any way to do that without that hurt?

    thank you,
    Xenia.
    Xenia, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Xenia wrote:

    > Is anyone can help me to figure out how to write some xml into huge xml file
    > into speceific location???
    >
    > Say, i have a file about 139 Mb and i need to write some data (xml) into it,
    > but in speceific location (specified by XPath for example). i have tryed
    > used MSXML dom for it, but its eats memory like a twice bigger then my file.
    > Is any way to do that without that hurt?

    It's really one of the worst scenarios when working with XML. Correct me
    if I'm wrong, I don't see any generic efficient solution. The problem is
    that to be able to identify update location by XPath expression you have
    to have XML in XPath navigable form, say DOM or XPathDocument in .NET.
    In .NET it's possible actually to build XPathNavigator over XmlReader,
    but that would limit XPath to forward-only subset and as your task is
    not only to query data, but to update and save it back, it requires more
    work. It's my idee fixe to implement such beast, hope I'll have time for
    that.

    You can try also to escape to regexp. That's not really robust nor safe,
    but anyway.
    --
    Oleg Tkachenko
    XML Insider
    Oleg Tkachenko, Nov 24, 2003

  3. Xenia

    Xenia Guest

    Yes, true. Well, i thought to use DataSet on a first place, but not yet
    tryed it, because a bit confused with how the .NET DataSet will able to
    workout trees of data with different structure, i mean that data dont have
    common looks format as tables in normal DBs... Is DataSets can be useful for
    this case?

    Xenia.
    Xenia, Nov 24, 2003
  4. Xenia

    GIMME Guest

    The trick is not to write the XML file in one swoop but to write
    it incrementally.

    It's not clear what you mean by specific? Specific as in write to a
    specific file?

    GIMME, Nov 24, 2003
  5. Xenia

    Xenia Guest

    by "speceific" i meant something that defined through XPath.

    Xenia, Nov 25, 2003