How to write to messaging queue on UNIX?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mirin, Nov 5, 2008.

  1. mirin

    mirin Guest

    From my ASP.NET 2.0 web application running on a Windows 2003 server,
    I want to write a message to a WebSphere messaging queue running on a
    UNIX Solaris machine. I have the destination hostname, port, channel
    name, user name, and queue name. How can I achieve this?
    mirin, Nov 5, 2008

  2. mirin

    bruce barker Guest

    you have a couple options

    1) get the MQ client library for .net available from IBM
    2) write a webservice on websphere that exposes the queue

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 5, 2008

  3. mirin

    mirin Guest

    Hi Bruce,

    Thanks for your suggestions. I've tried MQ client library. Not too
    many examples around though but managed to figure things out more or
    less. Next I need to send a whole XML doc across so let me poke around
    with that.

    Many Thanks!
    mirin

    mirin, Nov 10, 2008