How to write WML from MMIT?

Vijooo

Hi

How can we write a WML file from MMIT?

Actually i used Mobile Web Application in VS.NET 2003 to create a
MobileForm.
It works fine in Internet Explorer. But if i call the same URL from a
Openwave
Mobile Browser, i get an error message saying that "UnSupoported Content
Type."

Is there anyway by which i can write WML files without using VS.NET?
If i do so, is that worth doing?

THX in advance

Cordially
Vijooo

Baccarin

Vijooo,
How can we write a WML file from MMIT?

I can be wrong, but you don’t need to do anything to use MIT pages in WML
browser/phones, and you don’t need to write your ‘own WML’. ASP.NET Mobile
runtimes have the capability of identify the current request browser and
then to generate the correct markup language (WML/HTML/cHTML).
... But if i call the same URL from a Openwave
Mobile Browser, i get an error message saying that "UnSupoported Content
Type."

You could try to verify if ASP.NET Mobile runtimes is installed correctly in
your IIS server.

Regards,

Baccarin.

vijooo k

Hi Bacarin

Thanks for your resposne. It really helped me a lot.
As you said the problem is with ASP.NET Mobile controls.
Now everything works fine.

And i need a tiny help from you again. I have done the
Mobile Pages and now i need to test it in the real internet
world. Is there any Free WAP Servers available in this
world to do the testing?

THX a million.

Cordially
Vijooo

vijooo k

Hi

Normally MMIT returns the appropriate file type for the
respective Browsers from which the request has been
initiated. So no problem, if u r working with MMIT.

But if you want to an aspx file to return a WML file,
Then you will have to follow thiss....

'' WML Code starts here..

<%@ Page Language=VB%>
<%
response.ContentType="text/vnd.wap.wml" ' content type
response.write("<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""ISO-8859-1""?>")

Dim mstrReturnMesssage as String

Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
System.EventArgs)

mstrReturnMesssage = request.QueryString("ret")
End Sub

%>

<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">
<wml>
<card id="ReturnMessage">
<%=mstrReturnMesssage%>