    THX in advance

    Cordially
    Vijooo

    Vijooo, Jul 2, 2003

  2. Vijooo

    Baccarin Guest

    Vijooo,

    > How can we write a WML file from MMIT?

    I can be wrong, but you don’t need to do anything to use MIT pages in WML
    browser/phones, and you don’t need to write your ‘own WML’. ASP.NET Mobile
    runtimes have the capability of identify the current request browser and
    then to generate the correct markup language (WML/HTML/cHTML).

    > ... But if i call the same URL from a Openwave
    > Mobile Browser, i get an error message saying that "UnSupoported Content
    > Type."

    You could try to verify if ASP.NET Mobile runtimes is installed correctly in
    your IIS server.

    Regards,

    Baccarin.

    Baccarin, Jul 3, 2003

  3. Vijooo

    vijooo k Guest

    Hi Bacarin

    Thanks for your resposne. It really helped me a lot.
    As you said the problem is with ASP.NET Mobile controls.
    Now everything works fine.

    And i need a tiny help from you again. I have done the
    Mobile Pages and now i need to test it in the real internet
    world. Is there any Free WAP Servers available in this
    world to do the testing?

    THX a million.

    Cordially
    Vijooo

    vijooo k, Jul 4, 2003
  4. Vijooo

    ericvdb Guest

    What did you do in order to get it working ?

    Thanks - Eric

    ericvdb, Jul 14, 2003
  5. Vijooo

    vijooo k Guest

    Hi

    Normally MMIT returns the appropriate file type for the
    respective Browsers from which the request has been
    initiated. So no problem, if u r working with MMIT.

    But if you want to an aspx file to return a WML file,
    Then you will have to follow thiss....

    '' WML Code starts here..

    <%@ Page Language=VB%>
    <%
    response.ContentType="text/vnd.wap.wml" ' content type
    response.write("<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""ISO-8859-1""?>")

    Dim mstrReturnMesssage as String

    Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArgs)

    mstrReturnMesssage = request.QueryString("ret")
    End Sub

    %>

    <!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC "-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML 1.1//EN"
    "http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml">
    <wml>
    <card id="ReturnMessage">
    <%=mstrReturnMesssage%>