how to write XSLT that works for IE but ignored by Fx?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Zhang Weiwu, Mar 13, 2007.

  1. Zhang Weiwu

    Zhang Weiwu Guest

    Hello. I know a lot of different ways to write css that work for IE but
    ignored by Fx, but is there a way to let IE process XSLT but leaving Fx
    completely ignore the XSLT?

    The classic filter doesn't seem to work:
    <!--[if lt IE 9]><?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="my.xsl"?><![endif]-->

    The above seems to be ignored by both IE and Firefox

    P.S. In the beginning I thought finding something that works for IE but not
    Firefox must be very simple, just go to MSDN and follow a tutorial there,
    chances are, the page you created will not work in any other browser than
    IE. Unfortunately the XSLT I created following MSDN tutorial (amazingly)
    works fine on Firefox.

    P.S. I have googled but keywords like "xslt hack IE firefox list" doesn't
    give me an answer, need to practice a lot of google before I can stop
    bothering people on the usenet.
    Zhang Weiwu, Mar 13, 2007

  2. Zhang Weiwu schrieb:
    > Hello. I know a lot of different ways to write css that work for IE but
    > ignored by Fx, but is there a way to let IE process XSLT but leaving Fx
    > completely ignore the XSLT?

    See the system-property() function using xsl:vendor
    (<http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#misc-func>).
    --
    Johannes Koch
    (Te Deum, 4th cent.)