how update a qListView in backgroud

Reinaldo Carvalho

Hi,

I programming with qt module and i have a qWidgetTab with a qListView
inside, and i need update the qListView every 5 seconds, how do this
on transparent mode to user. I do a function to update, but i dont
know call then.

I will start this update when user select this tab, and stop whe user
leave this tab. I need a thread ot something else?

Tina I

Reinaldo said:
Hi,

I programming with qt module and i have a qWidgetTab with a qListView
inside, and i need update the qListView every 5 seconds, how do this
on transparent mode to user. I do a function to update, but i dont
know call then.

I will start this update when user select this tab, and stop whe user
leave this tab. I need a thread ot something else?
Assuming PyQt4 here:
Check out QTimer. Have it start when the user selects the tab and have
it timeout every five seconds calling the update function.

Tina