    runnning. It only update when the program finish.

    How use a progress bar into applet?.

    Thanks.
    Derek, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Derek

    me Guest

    You are doing your processing inside the AWT event
    dispatch thread. Calling repaint() on your
    progressbar, puts an event in queue that will
    be handled by the same thread. It cant pick up
    the event and dispatch before you stop using
    the thread yourself.

    The answer is to do you processing in another
    thread that you start yourself. The AWT event
    dispatch thread will then be free to handle paint
    events on gui components such as your progressbar.

    me, Aug 20, 2003