    personalization, etc...

    How can I do this? Can you help me out?

    Thanks!
    Cirene, Sep 9, 2008

  2. Cirene

    Cirene Guest

    "Cirene" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > My new asp.net website is going to use a MySQL database that is remote.
    > (Client requested MySQL.)
    >
    > I have the latest MySQL .NET Connector installed.
    >
    > I want to use the built-in ASP.NET Web Site Admin Tool to utilize the
    > MySQL database for the built-in ASP.NET features, like membership, roles,
    > personalization, etc...
    >
    > How can I do this? Can you help me out?
    >
    > Thanks!

    If I 'select a single provider', then under Provider I only see
    AspNetSqlProvider.
    If I 'select a different provider', I can select the MySQLMembershipProvider
    and MySQLRoleProvider

    But, when I click on the Security tab it says...
    There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an
    invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can
    also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the
    button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data
    store.
    The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An exception
    occurred. Please check the Event Log.

    I feel like I'm really close, but not quite there yet...
    Cirene, Sep 9, 2008

  3. Cirene

    Cirene Guest

    "Cirene" <> wrote in message
    > "Cirene" <> wrote in message
    >> My new asp.net website is going to use a MySQL database that is remote.
    >> (Client requested MySQL.)
    >>
    >> I have the latest MySQL .NET Connector installed.
    >>
    >> I want to use the built-in ASP.NET Web Site Admin Tool to utilize the
    >> MySQL database for the built-in ASP.NET features, like membership, roles,
    >> personalization, etc...
    >>
    >> How can I do this? Can you help me out?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >>

    > If I 'select a single provider', then under Provider I only see
    > AspNetSqlProvider.
    > If I 'select a different provider', I can select the
    > MySQLMembershipProvider and MySQLRoleProvider
    >
    > But, when I click on the Security tab it says...
    > There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an
    > invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can
    > also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the
    > button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data
    > store.
    > The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An exception
    > occurred. Please check the Event Log.
    >
    > I feel like I'm really close, but not quite there yet...

    I think I got it. This helped me...

    http://forums.asp.net/p/1270199/2609130.aspx

    Thanks everyone!
    Cirene, Sep 9, 2008