How use MySql for Membership, Personalization, etc...

Cirene

My new asp.net website is going to use a MySQL database that is remote.
(Client requested MySQL.)

I have the latest MySQL .NET Connector installed.

I want to use the built-in ASP.NET Web Site Admin Tool to utilize the MySQL
database for the built-in ASP.NET features, like membership, roles,
personalization, etc...

How can I do this? Can you help me out?

Thanks!

Cirene

Cirene said:
My new asp.net website is going to use a MySQL database that is remote.
(Client requested MySQL.)

I have the latest MySQL .NET Connector installed.

I want to use the built-in ASP.NET Web Site Admin Tool to utilize the
MySQL database for the built-in ASP.NET features, like membership, roles,
personalization, etc...

How can I do this? Can you help me out?

Thanks!

If I 'select a single provider', then under Provider I only see
AspNetSqlProvider.
If I 'select a different provider', I can select the MySQLMembershipProvider
and MySQLRoleProvider

But, when I click on the Security tab it says...
There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an
invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can
also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the
button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data
store.
The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An exception
occurred. Please check the Event Log.

I feel like I'm really close, but not quite there yet...

Cirene

Cirene said:
If I 'select a single provider', then under Provider I only see
AspNetSqlProvider.
If I 'select a different provider', I can select the
MySQLMembershipProvider and MySQLRoleProvider

But, when I click on the Security tab it says...
There is a problem with your selected data store. This can be caused by an
invalid server name or credentials, or by insufficient permission. It can
also be caused by the role manager feature not being enabled. Click the
button below to be redirected to a page where you can choose a new data
store.
The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: An exception
occurred. Please check the Event Log.

I feel like I'm really close, but not quite there yet...

I think I got it. This helped me...

http://forums.asp.net/p/1270199/2609130.aspx

Thanks everyone!