    How we can change the hour system with Java?

    Thanks

    Nanou
    Nanou, Jul 6, 2005

  2. Nanou

    proGex Guest

    Not sure what are you talking about, try giving more details
    proGex, Jul 6, 2005

  3. Nanou

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 6 Jul 2005 02:32:54 -0700, "Nanou" <> wrote or
    quoted :

    >How we can change the hour system with Java?

    You want to have 10 "hours" per day?

    Or do you just want to display in hh:mm 12 vs 24 hour time?

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/calendar.html

    see http://mindprod.com/products1.html#BIGDATE

    for my calendar computing code. You could use it as a base to create
    your own calendar, naming the months after your friends.

    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.
    Roedy Green, Jul 6, 2005
  4. Nanou

    Nanou Guest

    In fact, i want that my program java can change the hour in the system.
    If the hour is 8:00 i want that my program set for example 10:00.
    It's possible ?
    Nanou, Jul 6, 2005
  5. Nanou wrote:
    > In fact, i want that my program java can change the hour in the system.
    > If the hour is 8:00 i want that my program set for example 10:00.
    > It's possible ?

    maybe by calling the respective Windows function via system().

    Uwe

    --

    mail to is read only from time to time. If
    you need an urgent answer, google for me.
    Uwe Ziegenhagen, Jul 6, 2005
  6. Nanou

    Nanou Guest

    Yes there is Runtime.getRuntime().exec() and the dos commande time.
    But is there another way instead of call a cmd ?
    Thankx
    Nanou, Jul 6, 2005
  7. On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 06:43:10 -0700, Nanou wrote:

    > Yes there is Runtime.getRuntime().exec() and the dos commande time.
    > But is there another way instead of call a cmd ?

    No.

    --
    You can't run away forever,
    Stefan Schulz, Jul 6, 2005
  8. Nanou

    Joan Guest

    "Nanou" <> wrote in message
    > Yes there is Runtime.getRuntime().exec() and the dos commande time.
    > But is there another way instead of call a cmd ?
    > Thankx

    If you have windows XP there is a feature that sets the clock once each
    week from a precision time source via the Internet, so if you change the
    time via java it might revert to something else via this mechanism.
    Joan, Jul 6, 2005
  9. Stefan Schulz wrote:
    > On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 06:43:10 -0700, Nanou wrote:
    >

    >>Yes there is Runtime.getRuntime().exec() and the dos commande time.
    >>But is there another way instead of call a cmd ?

    > No.

    Yes, via JNI and appropriate operating-system calls. If we are talking
    about Windows than maybe also via a Java-COM bridge and some existing MS
    COM object.

    /Thomas

    --
    The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ: