How we can change the hour system with java?

Roedy Green

How we can change the hour system with Java?

You want to have 10 "hours" per day?

Or do you just want to display in hh:mm 12 vs 24 hour time?

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/calendar.html

see http://mindprod.com/products1.html#BIGDATE

for my calendar computing code. You could use it as a base to create
your own calendar, naming the months after your friends.

Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

Nanou

In fact, i want that my program java can change the hour in the system.
If the hour is 8:00 i want that my program set for example 10:00.
It's possible ?

Uwe Ziegenhagen

Nanou said:
In fact, i want that my program java can change the hour in the system.
If the hour is 8:00 i want that my program set for example 10:00.
It's possible ?

maybe by calling the respective Windows function via system().

Uwe

Nanou

Yes there is Runtime.getRuntime().exec() and the dos commande time.
But is there another way instead of call a cmd ?
Thankx

Joan

Nanou said:
Yes there is Runtime.getRuntime().exec() and the dos commande time.
But is there another way instead of call a cmd ?
Thankx

If you have windows XP there is a feature that sets the clock once each
week from a precision time source via the Internet, so if you change the
time via java it might revert to something else via this mechanism.

Thomas Weidenfeller

Stefan said:

Yes, via JNI and appropriate operating-system calls. If we are talking
about Windows than maybe also via a Java-COM bridge and some existing MS
COM object.

/Thomas