    In page2.jsp
    <%= request.getParameter("username") %>

    Please advise. Thanks!!

    Matt, Aug 25, 2004

  2. It's stored in memory. It's not written to a file or anything.

    Ray at home

    Ray Costanzo [MVP], Aug 25, 2004

  3. Matt

    Evertjan. Guest

    Matt wrote on 25 aug 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:

    > When we click the submit button as the following form, my
    > understanding is it will submit the form to the web server,
    > and then open page2.jsp. My question is web server has
    > some area to store the name-value pairs?? I just want to understand
    > how it works internally.
    >
    > <FORM ACTION="page2.jsp" METHOD="POST">
    > <INPUT TYPE="hidden" name="username" value="joe">
    > <INPUT TYPE="submit" value="submit form">
    > </FORM>
    >
    > In page2.jsp
    > <%= request.getParameter("username") %>

    <%= request.form("username") %>

    --
    Evertjan.
    The Netherlands.

    Evertjan., Aug 25, 2004
  4. Matt

    Mark Schupp Guest

    You'll probably want to ask on a JSP newsgroup. This is an ASP newsgroup. In
    ASP the form information is stored in memory in the Request object.

    --
    Mark Schupp
    Head of Development

    Mark Schupp, Aug 25, 2004