how web server stores form data?

Matt

When we click the submit button as the following form, my
understanding is it will submit the form to the web server,
and then open page2.jsp. My question is web server has
some area to store the name-value pairs?? I just want to understand
how it works internally.

<FORM ACTION="page2.jsp" METHOD="POST">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" name="username" value="joe">
<INPUT TYPE="submit" value="submit form">
</FORM>

In page2.jsp
<%= request.getParameter("username") %>

Please advise. Thanks!!

Ray Costanzo [MVP]

It's stored in memory. It's not written to a file or anything.

Ray at home

Evertjan.

Matt wrote on 25 aug 2004 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
When we click the submit button as the following form, my
understanding is it will submit the form to the web server,
and then open page2.jsp. My question is web server has
some area to store the name-value pairs?? I just want to understand
how it works internally.

<FORM ACTION="page2.jsp" METHOD="POST">
<INPUT TYPE="hidden" name="username" value="joe">
<INPUT TYPE="submit" value="submit form">
</FORM>

In page2.jsp
<%= request.getParameter("username") %>

<%= request.form("username") %>

Mark Schupp

You'll probably want to ask on a JSP newsgroup. This is an ASP newsgroup. In
ASP the form information is stored in memory in the Request object.