How well is a performance of a Menu Control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Tatyana, Apr 13, 2006.

  1. Tatyana

    Tatyana Guest

    Hi Everybody,

    I would like to ask how well is the performance of a Menu Control which
    comes with the framework 2.0.

    Our menu must be re-created weekly according to the availability of the
    products in the category we want to have a menu item for. Therefore I'm
    asking how well that will work with a Menu Control. I have created it
    already but it seems there are the delays when I hover over the menu item.
    Also we need the whole menu item to be clickable but not just the text. The
    background for MenuItemStyle is an image, and the same thing is for the
    HoverItemStyle. But the text is a literal control which I tried to place
    into the template. Maybe somebody knows a better way?

    Thank you,

    Tatyana
    Tatyana, Apr 13, 2006

  2. Here are some free menu controls you might want to consider using instead if
    you don't like the ASP.NET 2.0 menu control:
    http://SteveOrr.net/freecontrols/menus.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP