How widely used is Docbook?

Jimbo

Bucco said:
I was curious as to how widely accepted Docbook is in the XML
community?

Docbook may not be widely used within XML community, but my
understanding is that it is very widely used in the publishing and
technical authoring world. If you want to write a book or article then
Docbook is your thang.

Jimbo.

Peter Flynn

Jimbo said:
Very.

Docbook may not be widely used within XML community, but my
understanding is that it is very widely used in the publishing and
technical authoring world. If you want to write a book or article then
Docbook is your thang.

Provided it's about computing. I wouldn't use DocBook for an essay on
the Civil War, or a romantic novel (maybe some people would :) but I
do see it [ab]used for all kinds of things for which it is probably
gross overkill.

///Peter