How would I write a cell phone OS?

red floyd

Protoman said:
How would I go about writing a OS for a cell phone? Thanks for the
help!!!

Study your OS text, pay attention in class, and do your own homework?

Protoman

I'm not in a class; I'm doing this just to do it. I'd like some general
help here. Thanks for the help!!!

Mushr00mhead

I'm not in a class; I'm doing this just to do it. I'd like some general
help here. Thanks for the help!!!
Yeah, he's a CSU Professor and head of some R&D department remember!!??
Or have you moved on to being the head of a Cellphone OS Developement
team?

Sherm Pendley

Protoman said:
How would I go about writing a OS for a cell phone? Thanks for the
help!!!

Two pieces of advice:

1. Start small. Judging by the questions you've been posting here, you're
just starting out. But you want to jump right into the hard stuff, which
is a mistake. Learn the basics first - starting with how to find and use
the available documentation.

2. Focus. You've asked about a dozen or more different tasks in the past
week. You need to tackle *one* task, and *finish* it before moving on to
the next one.

sherm--

Protoman

I've finished the mean program; something else is working on the error
checking and control; pi program's done; and square root and log
program is being looked into. So just tell me what programs/functions
contail an OS and an extremely simple version of them, I'll modify them
later. Thanks for the help!!!!

Nick Keighley

Protoman said:
How would I go about writing a OS for a cell phone? Thanks for the
help!!!

comp.lang.c++ is not the right place to post. Try an embedded ng
or an OS ng. This book explains the basics of OS design:-

"Operating System Design: The XINU Approach"
by Douglas Comer
ISBN: 0136375391

Karl Heinz Buchegger

Protoman said:
I've finished the mean program; something else is working on the error
checking and control; pi program's done; and square root and log
program is being looked into. So just tell me what programs/functions
contail an OS and an extremely simple version of them, I'll modify them
later. Thanks for the help!!!!

Seriously.
The knowledge of the things you already did is not nearly a tiny
fraction of what you need to know in order to write an OS. Not even
for a cell phone.
To translate your request to the real world: I know how to hold
a soldering iron and have managed to build an electronic which lets
a light blink. Now could you tell me how to build the control station
for a nuclear power plat.

Alvin

Protoman said:
I've finished the mean program; something else is working on the error
checking and control; pi program's done; and square root and log
program is being looked into. So just tell me what programs/functions
contail an OS and an extremely simple version of them, I'll modify them
later. Thanks for the help!!!!

Enjoy: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~ast/minix.html

Alvin

Mike Smith

Protoman said:
How would I go about writing a OS for a cell phone? Thanks for the
help!!!

No need to write one, there are already several decent ones to choose from.