How would you do this?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by jc, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. jc

    jc Guest

    Let's see if I can explain myself. I have a wizard like page, where the user
    selects some values and moves with previous and back buttons. On step 5 I'm
    a little stuck.

    Basically the user has narrowed down the list of possible items from a
    database, on this step he has to make his final choices and post questions
    for each item he choices.

    So we display a data grid like the one below:

    prod/subprod/subprod text items question
    edit A.1.33 kkk
    edit B.54.22 yyy
    edit X.98.43 zzz

    when the user clicks on edit of line B.54.22 that line opens and shows
    available items, something like:

    prod/subprod/subprod text items question
    edit A.1.33 kkk
    o item A
    text box
    o item B
    text box
    update B.54.22 yyy o item D text box
    cancel o item E
    text box
    edit X.98.43 zzz

    The user should be able to choose one or more items say A, D and type some
    text into thouse text boxes. once updated the datagrid should look like

    prod/subprod/subprod text items question
    edit A.1.33 kkk
    o item A
    bla bla bla
    edit B.54.22 yyy o item D asdf
    asdf asdf
    edit X.98.43 zzz

    what's the easyest way to achive this?

    Part 2 of the problem is all the items ( item A, item B... ) are not all
    necesaraly in the database so there should be a button at the bottom of that
    cell ( when in edit mode ) "add new", that permits the user to add a new
    item. I had thought on a pop up window, the problem with this is the only
    way to do a refresh would be to click cancel and on edit again. Any Idea on
    how to do this another way, or to achive the same result.
    jc, Aug 5, 2003