How would you do this?

jc

Let's see if I can explain myself. I have a wizard like page, where the user
selects some values and moves with previous and back buttons. On step 5 I'm
a little stuck.

Basically the user has narrowed down the list of possible items from a
database, on this step he has to make his final choices and post questions
for each item he choices.

So we display a data grid like the one below:

prod/subprod/subprod text items question
edit A.1.33 kkk
edit B.54.22 yyy
edit X.98.43 zzz

when the user clicks on edit of line B.54.22 that line opens and shows
available items, something like:

prod/subprod/subprod text items question
edit A.1.33 kkk
o item A
text box
o item B
text box
update B.54.22 yyy o item D text box
cancel o item E
text box
edit X.98.43 zzz

The user should be able to choose one or more items say A, D and type some
text into thouse text boxes. once updated the datagrid should look like

prod/subprod/subprod text items question
edit A.1.33 kkk
o item A
bla bla bla
edit B.54.22 yyy o item D asdf
asdf asdf
edit X.98.43 zzz

what's the easyest way to achive this?

Part 2 of the problem is all the items ( item A, item B... ) are not all
necesaraly in the database so there should be a button at the bottom of that
cell ( when in edit mode ) "add new", that permits the user to add a new
item. I had thought on a pop up window, the problem with this is the only
way to do a refresh would be to click cancel and on edit again. Any Idea on
how to do this another way, or to achive the same result.