    ant.

    PS: I am posting to both the aspnet and webcontrols newsgroups because it is
    an interesting problem relevant to both groups.

    Antonio Lopez Arredondo, Nov 8, 2003

  2. Antonio Lopez Arredondo

    THY Guest

    that should be done by javascript or any client side scripting ...

    or else you gotta set the autopostback = true ...
    but this is not a good idea I think ...

    "Antonio Lopez Arredondo" <> wrote in message
    > hi all !!!!
    >
    > I have two textboxes that should work like a dictionary or Intellisense

    do:

    THY, Nov 8, 2003

  3. Antonio Lopez Arredondo

    James Radke Guest

    What are you trying to change the second textbox to? Can you give an
    example?

    Jim

    James Radke, Nov 8, 2003
  4. Antonio Lopez Arredondo

    a Guest

    What THY was getting at is right, to me. A postback after each keystroke is
    too much. If you send all the data to the client, in a hidden div, you can
    then use JavaScript to do the filtering on the client.

    kevin

    > The control looks like this:
    >
    > TEXTBOX:
    > |____user entry____|
    >
    > LISTBOX:
    > |-- match 1--|
    > |-- match 2--|
    > |-- match 3--|
    >
    > and the listbox should change as the user input changes; exactly like
    > Intellisense works.
    >
    > I am using AUTOPOSTBACK=TRUE for the Textbox and at the
    > TextBox1_TextChanged() function I refresh the Listbox.
    >
    > The problem is that TextBox1_TextChanged() is called ONLY after the RETURN
    > or TAB key is pressed, not after every key press that is what I need.
    >
    > Attached goes a simple program that shows this behavior. unzip it at
    > c:\inetpub\wwwroot and will create a folder named intellisensedemo with

    all

    a, Nov 9, 2003