how you know you're a programming nerd

John Salerno

So last night I had a dream that me and two other guys needed to get a
simple task done in Java. We were staring at the problem in confusion
and I kept saying "First we have to create a class, then instantiate it,
then..." etc. etc. They didn't agree with me so we kept arguing back and
forth about it.

Finally, in frustration, I shout "God, Python is so much easier than any
other language!" :)

It's not the first time I've had a dream about programming (and the
others were much more uncomfortable because they involved math), but
it's the first time Python has snuck into my subconscious.

And as a sidenote, I don't know Java at all, so I have no idea how it
found its way into my brain. Of course, it wasn't real Java syntax I was
seeing, I'm sure...

mensanator

John said:
So last night I had a dream that me and two other guys needed to get a
simple task done in Java. We were staring at the problem in confusion
and I kept saying "First we have to create a class, then instantiate it,
then..." etc. etc. They didn't agree with me so we kept arguing back and
forth about it.

Finally, in frustration, I shout "God, Python is so much easier than any
other language!" :)

It's not the first time I've had a dream about programming (and the
others were much more uncomfortable because they involved math), but
it's the first time Python has snuck into my subconscious.

I think Freud might have had something to say about that.

Levi Campbell

John said:
So last night I had a dream that me and two other guys needed to get a
simple task done in Java. We were staring at the problem in confusion
and I kept saying "First we have to create a class, then instantiate it,
then..." etc. etc. They didn't agree with me so we kept arguing back and
forth about it.

Finally, in frustration, I shout "God, Python is so much easier than any
other language!" :)

It's not the first time I've had a dream about programming (and the
others were much more uncomfortable because they involved math), but
it's the first time Python has snuck into my subconscious.

And as a sidenote, I don't know Java at all, so I have no idea how it
found its way into my brain. Of course, it wasn't real Java syntax I was
seeing, I'm sure...

You know you're addicted to a programming language when you have dreams
about it.

John Salerno

Levi said:
You know you're addicted to a programming language when you have dreams
about it.

Me? Addicted? No!

Now back to the Python Challenge......

Ron Adam

When you are working on your programming project on Friday night instead
of going out.

When you do go out, you look forward to getting home so you can work on
your programming project some more.

John Salerno

Ron said:
When you are working on your programming project on Friday night instead
of going out.

Ok, you win. :)

Oh wait, it's Friday night and I'm typing this message...dang it!