    And as a sidenote, I don't know Java at all, so I have no idea how it
    found its way into my brain. Of course, it wasn't real Java syntax I was
    seeing, I'm sure...

    John Salerno, Apr 7, 2006

  2. John Salerno wrote:
    > So last night I had a dream that me and two other guys needed to get a
    > simple task done in Java.

    Then s/dream/nightmare/

    --
    bruno desthuilliers
    p in ''.split('@')])"

    bruno at modulix, Apr 7, 2006

  3. John Salerno

    Guest

    John Salerno wrote:
    > So last night I had a dream that me and two other guys needed to get a
    > simple task done in Java. We were staring at the problem in confusion
    > and I kept saying "First we have to create a class, then instantiate it,
    > then..." etc. etc. They didn't agree with me so we kept arguing back and
    > forth about it.
    >
    > Finally, in frustration, I shout "God, Python is so much easier than any
    > other language!" :)
    >
    > It's not the first time I've had a dream about programming (and the
    > others were much more uncomfortable because they involved math), but
    > it's the first time Python has snuck into my subconscious.

    I think Freud might have had something to say about that.

    > And as a sidenote, I don't know Java at all, so I have no idea how it
    > found its way into my brain. Of course, it wasn't real Java syntax I was
    > seeing, I'm sure...

    , Apr 7, 2006
  4. John Salerno

    John Salerno Guest

    wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:
    >> So last night I had a dream that me and two other guys needed to get a
    >> simple task done in Java. We were staring at the problem in confusion
    >> and I kept saying "First we have to create a class, then instantiate it,
    >> then..." etc. etc. They didn't agree with me so we kept arguing back and
    >> forth about it.
    >>
    >> Finally, in frustration, I shout "God, Python is so much easier than any
    >> other language!" :)
    >>
    >> It's not the first time I've had a dream about programming (and the
    >> others were much more uncomfortable because they involved math), but
    >> it's the first time Python has snuck into my subconscious.

    > I think Freud might have had something to say about that.

    I don't even want to know how he would have translated python.

    John Salerno, Apr 7, 2006
  5. John Salerno

    Guest

    Keep on coding. It'll just go away..

    , Apr 7, 2006
  6. John Salerno wrote:
    > So last night I had a dream that me and two other guys needed to get a
    > simple task done in Java. We were staring at the problem in confusion
    > and I kept saying "First we have to create a class, then instantiate it,
    > then..." etc. etc. They didn't agree with me so we kept arguing back and
    > forth about it.
    >
    > Finally, in frustration, I shout "God, Python is so much easier than any
    > other language!" :)
    >
    > It's not the first time I've had a dream about programming (and the
    > others were much more uncomfortable because they involved math), but
    > it's the first time Python has snuck into my subconscious.
    >
    > And as a sidenote, I don't know Java at all, so I have no idea how it
    > found its way into my brain. Of course, it wasn't real Java syntax I was
    > seeing, I'm sure...

    You know you're addicted to a programming language when you have dreams
    about it.

    Levi Campbell, Apr 7, 2006
  7. John Salerno

    John Salerno Guest

    Levi Campbell wrote:

    > You know you're addicted to a programming language when you have dreams
    > about it.

    Me? Addicted? No!

    Now back to the Python Challenge......

    John Salerno, Apr 7, 2006
  8. John Salerno

    Ron Adam Guest

    When you are working on your programming project on Friday night instead
    of going out.

    When you do go out, you look forward to getting home so you can work on
    your programming project some more.

    Ron Adam, Apr 8, 2006
  9. John Salerno

    John Salerno Guest

    Ron Adam wrote:
    > When you are working on your programming project on Friday night instead
    > of going out.

    Ok, you win. :)

    Oh wait, it's Friday night and I'm typing this message...dang it!

    John Salerno, Apr 8, 2006
  10. John Salerno

    Ron Adam Guest

    John Salerno wrote:
    > Ron Adam wrote:
    >> When you are working on your programming project on Friday night
    >> instead of going out.

    > Ok, you win. :)
    >
    > Oh wait, it's Friday night and I'm typing this message...dang it!

    Yep, Hah Hah... No wait, I'm here too. ;-)

    Ron Adam, Apr 8, 2006