how you print your invoice

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guoqi Zheng, Jul 4, 2004.

  1. Guoqi Zheng

    Guoqi Zheng Guest

    Dear sir,

    Our E-commerce site needs to print out a few 100s invoice a day. I do not
    know what is the best way to print invoice. Those invoice has to be printed
    on a very precise position on our invoice format paper.

    I am thinking about the following to print the invoice.

    1. Ms Access Report.
    2. ASP.NET web form.
    3. Windows Form.

    What will be the best option to print invoice?

    --
    Kind regards

    Guoqi Zheng
    guoqi AT meetholland dot com
    Http://www.meetholland.com

    Guoqi Zheng, Jul 4, 2004

  2. On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 19:09:09 +0200, Guoqi Zheng <> wrote:

    > Dear sir,
    >
    > Our E-commerce site needs to print out a few 100s invoice a day. I do not
    > know what is the best way to print invoice. Those invoice has to be
    > printed
    > on a very precise position on our invoice format paper.
    >
    > I am thinking about the following to print the invoice.
    >
    > 1. Ms Access Report.
    > 2. ASP.NET web form.
    > 3. Windows Form.
    >
    > What will be the best option to print invoice?

    Go with what you know. If you already use Access reports, then use that.
    ..NET has Crystal Reports integration which allows some nice layouts, and
    ability to export to Excel and PDFs. But any one of these would work,
    just depends on your needs, comfort level and what your architecture is.

    --
    Craig Deelsnyder
    Microsoft MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    Craig Deelsnyder, Jul 4, 2004

  3. Guoqi Zheng

    Guoqi Zheng Guest

    Thanks for the reply..

    I am currently using Ms Access. Access is very simple to use. However, the
    question is that it seems to me that the printing position is not very
    stable in Ms Access. If I use the same Ms Access project application on
    different computer with different resolution to print invoice. The printing
    position changes a very little. A very little may be a problem already for
    our bank who need to process our invoice.

    Guoqi Zheng, Jul 4, 2004
  4. Guoqi Zheng

    clintonG Guest

    So send all print requeststo an application on a print server.

    --
    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher@ REMOVETHISTEXT metromilwaukee.com

    clintonG, Jul 4, 2004