    them in another separate clicks.
    I have spent few days in this without any solutions.

    -Ramez T. Mina

    Ramez T. Mina, May 24, 2004

  2. Ramez T. Mina

    mortb Guest

    For example

    Write data to viewstate:
    ViewState.Add("myString", myValue);

    Read from viewstate:
    string myString = (string)ViewState["myString"];

    (Problem wiht viewstate is that it gets sent back and fourth over the
    network every request)

    or save the data to a DB or a file...

    cheers,
    mortb

    "Ramez T. Mina" <> wrote in message
    > So where to store around 4000 string after button click and how to

    retrieve

    mortb, May 24, 2004

  3. Ramez T. Mina

    Pete Wright Guest

    For that size of data I would recommend going with a database. Just create a
    temp file in a database and save into it - it's probably quicker than round
    tripping 4k+ of data each time th euser does something.

    Hope that helps

    Peter Wright (www.petewright.org)
    Author of ADO.NET Novice To Pro
    From Apress. www.apress.com (and 10