    what my customer needs.

    --
    Dan Sikorsky, MSCS BSCE BAB

    Dan Sikorsky, Jan 13, 2004

  2. Dan Sikorsky

    Hermit Dave Guest

    well you can configure and modify the portal starter kit to your
    requirements.... to change the database.. you just create a new database and
    change the web.config's connection string.. once you are happy with the
    modifications... you just select... copy project and it will ask you
    where... you just put the location and it will even upload it there for
    you..

    --

    Regards,

    HD

    Hermit Dave, Jan 13, 2004

  3. Dan Sikorsky

    Dan Sikorsky Guest

    I've tried that and get the following message when clicking on Copy Project:

    Unable to create Web project 'TestPortal'. An error occurred accessing your
    FrontPage web files. Authors - if authoring against a web server, please
    contact the webmaster for this server's site. WebMasters - please see the
    server's system log for more details.
    and the application log says

    Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions:

    http://localhost - Error #80002 Message: Unrecognized Windows exception
    (0xc000001d)

    and

    Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions:

    Received empty response from Microsoft FrontPage Server Extensions

    --
    Dan Sikorsky, MSCS BSCE BAB

    Dan Sikorsky, Jan 13, 2004
  4. Dan Sikorsky

    Hermit Dave Guest

    you need to have a virtual directory created with front page extensions set.

    if you are uploading to a domain then the root would be fine as long as
    front page extensions are correctly installed.
    create a virtual directory and set the front page extensions...

    Hermit Dave, Jan 13, 2004